Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Mech

First of all, I will start posting animations I do, even if they are not part of Animation Mentor, because I feel that everything I do now is based on what I learn there.
I have another blog where I was posting those kind of materials, but obviously one blog is more than enough for me. so let me star with one that is already on that other blog. Is an animation of a robot (mech) I made at work (www.giantoctopus.com). I was starting class 2 when I did it, so there are a few things I see now I didn't see them. On this first one I applied all everything I learned about weight with the bouncing ball and balance with the walk exercise. what I feel is lacking the most are the tentacles, it was beyond the scope of what I had learned up to that point:


Been the only 3D guy on the company I had to do everything from scratch, model, rig, animation and simulation (3D done with Cinema 4D and water simulation with realflow)
As you can see, the momentum and inertia of the tentacles is not enough in relationship with the big motion of the mech, so it could use more overlap of joints and follow trough of the motion as well as better arcs. But anyways I was very happy of what I could achieve with what I had learned.
This is another version of the same animation, this time without the tentacles:

No comments: