Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Drunk Turn

Ok... Back to Animation Mentor.
I want so show you some of the planning and process that took place to achieve the animations on class 2 and 3. Because I will latter show my progress reel I will put the spline version just of those animations that show something different from the final version
DRUNK TURN:
This one was my first real planning for an animation and I wen a little bit overboard with it





as you can see maybe I spent to much time and put too much information on the planning, but at the en it payed off. This is one of the blocking versions I made


As you see, this animation, as well as the rest that follow this one were done with the pose to pose method. It is interesting to note how much detail can be added on the blocking face, because you want to take away the control from the computer as much as possible.
This is the spline version... I'm showing it because on this version the bottle was still there (I decided not to use it on the final version).


The transition from blocking to spline has been always my weakness. It is always painful to see how your animation gets so floaty when you get out of the stepped mode (hold mode on other applications). It is a lot of work to get the spline to have the same timing feel as the blocking version. At this point I knew I had to find a better way of doing this.

No comments: