Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Jump

This one was a tricky one for me. I was trying to be more cartoony and exaggerated, and decided to experiment with things I had never try before like making the character walk on air and stuff like that. It was not as successfully as I wish it should be, but still I learned a lot with this one. Here is the planning.
Because I was still trying to come up with a better formula for my planning I tried on this one to go with a different style of sketches and less written information:



I really felt comfortable drawing this planning, it had enough information, yet very easy to sketch.
At the end I decided to simplify the animation, but that is the good thing about planning on paper, it is much easier to through away some quick drawings that a few hours of keyframing. Here is the blocking:


I had a lot of problem animating the spine, because I was not very carefull with the rotation of the joints and became very unpredictable.
This time I used copy pairs (repeated keys to hold the position) to go from stepped mode to spline and made the transition a lot less painful. I could actually see the poses on my splined version.

No comments: