Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Heavy Object

This one was a lot of fun to do, and I was very pleased with the result. I focussed on contrast and reversing of the arcs. I still was trying to find the work flow that best fit my way o working so again I decided to try a different planning approach. This time I turned to this book:
"Simpified Drawing for Planning Animation" by Wayne Gilbert which is an excellent source of information (and inspiration) for this and use this style:




you might think is too simple, but it has all the information I need and can be done much quicker, and even then offers additional information about the forces involved in the action. Lets you experiment more and at the same time it will not hurt you to through away pages of exploring done in minutes.
This is the blocking:


This time I decided to use a different approach to take the blocking to spline. I decided instead on use the copy pair where you just duplicate some keys to hold the pose I was going to create more brakedown keys (keys that are not essential for the animation but help define the arcs and path of action). I think I hit gold with this one. It works just as well as the copy pairs but you are adding more information to your animation taking away controll from the computer. I felt like a kid on Christmas day when I wen from blocking to spline and the transition went perfect.
With this one I finished class 2. Yessss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work tell some thing about trik and steps

Anonymous said...

Dear My Friend .
Your Animate Is Very Good .
Plz Visit My Site and demo rell ( left and bottom of site )


http://www.ynh.ir
info@ynh.ir

Tanx ..
have a nice day .